The Shipley School is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state, and local laws which prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, age (18 or older), religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, and sexual orientation.
All positions available are posted on this website. There are no others available.
Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management
Reports To: Head of School
Purpose: Responsible for School Enrollment and Management of the Admissions Office
The Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management is a senior leadership position responsible for all student recruitment, financial aid, and enrollment and retention efforts, including management of the Admissions Office. The successful candidate will have the proven ability to: drive innovation and positive change; build trust and collaborate with peers on the School’s Central Administrative Team (leadership team), as well as within the Admissions department and throughout the School; build strong relationships externally; and evaluate challenges and develop solutions with input from diverse perspectives to ensure the success of the Admissions Office and The Shipley School. The Director will proactively identify, implement, and monitor innovative enrollment strategies for The Shipley School to create inquiries which lead to levels of enrollment that meet the Office’s goals.
- Develops and implements the annual Admissions and Enrollment Action Plan with goals and objectives that guide the Admissions Office and student enrollment
- Provides leadership in enrollment management - specifically admissions, marketing, and recruitment and directs the process of attracting, enrolling, and retaining students
- Monitors and evaluates the impact of market trends to inform development of marketing and outreach plans
- Develops and implements strategic marketing ideas and directs outreach and partnerships with local feeder schools and other external organizations
- Works closely with the Communications and Marketing Office in the development and implementation of marketing media including web, print and electronic communication
- Works closely with the Chief Financial Officer regarding issues of school size and tuition and to manage the financial aid budget
- Oversees all on-campus visitation programs, including interviews, open houses, and other admissions events
- Manages the reenrollment process of current students including enrollment contracts
- Attends Board of Trustee meetings, is involved in strategic planning and keeping the Board fully apprised of the School’s admissions, financial aid, and admissions-related marketing endeavors
- Understands and informs the staff, Board of Trustees, and community about research and trends in admissions that ensures that changes and challenges are anticipated, understood, and addressed
- Manages the enrollment of international students
- Oversees the Ambassador Program – the volunteer network of parents, alumni, students, and Shipley colleagues
- Serves as a member of the Central Administrative Team
- Manages Admissions Office budget and Staff (5 full time employees)
- All other duties to be assigned
- Values-based, flexible leadership style able to adapt to a changing environment
- Bachelors Degree (Masters Preferred)
- Understanding of admissions best practices
- A minimum of five years admissions (in an independent school or college/university) or equivalent marketing experience
- Demonstrated skills in project management and data-driven decision-making
- Demonstrated leadership, delegation, and facilitation skills
- Commitment to the mission and values of The Shipley School; ability to build and maintain relationships throughout the school community
- Excellent communicator and presenter, including ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environment; understanding and experience in the use of social media
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of Blackbaud preferred
- At Shipley, we value and honor differences in all forms. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel locally
- Works at desk and computer screen for extended periods of time
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Works in a traditional climate controlled office environment
- Successful completion of state and federal clearances is a condition of employment
Interested individuals should send a resume, cover letter, three references, and salary requirements/expectations by email to:
Co-chairs: Sue Manix and Adam Wojtelwicz
The Shipley School
814 Yarrow Street
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Applicants for positions must complete the following:
The following clearances are required by state law prior to employment:
Shipley upholds and promotes the integrity of each individual. We nurture a concern for others, self-worth, and personal achievement. The School is dedicated to the ongoing process of creating a safe and accepting environment for all people. We value and honor differences in ability, age, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.
Shipley is committed to sustaining a vibrant, inclusive, and caring multicultural community. The goal of raising cultural awareness and understanding is reflected in many areas of school life.
In seeking to fill faculty and staff positions, we encourage all applicants. We particularly encourage applicants who will enrich the diversity of our community.