Meet the Team

All of us at Shipley are here to help in any way we can. Please don’t hesitate to contact your Admissions Director or any one of us if we can be of assistance. Courtney Daly, our Admissions Parent Liaison, works exclusively with new families and is happy to answer any questions you may have.

List of 10 members.

Welcome to Shipley!

We are thrilled to welcome our new students and families to the Shipley community. We can’t wait to see you on campus in the near future. In the meantime, on this page you will find lots of information and answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions. Please check back often as we continue to update information for the 2016-2017 school year.

List of 13 frequently asked questions.

  • What is Shipley’s dress code?

    The dress codes for all divisions, Lower School, Middle School and Upper School are accessible at
  • Does my child need to pack a lunch?

    Grades PK-1
    Pre-K, Kindergarten and first grade students bring a nut-free lunch each day and eat in their classrooms.

    Grades 2-5
    Second-fifth grade students eat in the lunchroom and have three options.1) A child may bring a lunch, 2) A family may purchase a meal plan $690 per year or 3) A family choose a "pay-as-you-go" option.

    Grades 6-12
    Middle and Upper School parents are billed for the required Shipley Lunch program. Middle School $815 per year; Upper School $890 per year
  • What time does school begin and end?

    Lower School: 8:20 AM to 3:00 PM

    Middle School: 8:10 AM to 3:15 PM

    Middle School athletic games take place on select days following the conclusion of classes at 3:15. See Athletics 
    for game schedules and times.

    Upper School:
    • M, W, Th: 8:15 AM to 3:15 PM
    • T, F: 8:15 AM to 2:30 PM
    Upper School athletic practices take place on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday following the conclusion of classes at 3:15. On Tuesday and Friday, Upper School classes end early at 2:30 and are followed by athletic games in the afternoon. See Athletics for game schedules and times.
  • Where can I find the summer reading lists?

    The 2015-2016 reading lists and other back to school information are available at
  • What medical forms are required for new students?

    • Emergency/Medical Information Form (Electronic) – Required annually for every student to attend school and to participate in any school activity, including pre-season sports. Completed online only and now signed electronically. This form may be updated with changes at any time throughout the school year.
    • Medication Authorization Form (printable PDF) – In the event that any prescription or over the counter medication must be taken during the school day, we require this form to be completed and signed by your student’s physician and their legal parent/guardian. This includes school sponsored activities, overnight trips, and preseason sports. Please note: We do not require this form for Tylenol, Motrin/Advil, Benadryl, or Tums.
    • Annual Physical (printable PDF) – Required annually for every student to attend school and to participate in any school activity, including pre-season sports. All physicals must be current within the calendar year and turned in by July 31. Any physical dated August 1, 2014 or later will be considered current for the 2015-2016 school year. A complete immunization record must accompany this form.
    • Dental Form (printable PDF) – Required for each student upon initial entry into Shipley, K through Grade 12. Also required for students continuing into Kindergarten, third, and seventh grades.
    • Immunization Requirement – Please review the immunizations required for the state of Pennsylvania. Each student must have at least one of each of the required vaccines to enter school, and then they will have 8 months to complete all doses in the series.
    Contact with any questions regarding the forms.
  • Who should I contact with questions about transportation?

    Please contact Ashley Foltiny, Coordinator of Transportation, 610-525-4300 ext. 4193.
  • What do I need to know about Upper School Fall Pre-Season Sports?

    Information on pre-season for all of our fall sports is available on the Athletics page. Please note that pre-season begins on Monday, August 24. For more details on Upper School pre-season sports, please contact Mark Duncan at 610-525-4300 x 4145.
  • When do families receive user ids and passwords to access the Parents section of the Shipley Website?

    Parents/guardians receive user IDs and passwords to the Shipley Website soon after returning their contract. The information is sent via email from Shipley's Webmaster.

    NOTE: If your family applied online, you should use the information you created as part of the online application process.
  • When do students get user IDs and passwords to access the Students section of the Shipley Website?

    New students receive website user IDs and passwords during the first week of the school year.
  • When do students get Shipley email addresses?

    New students receive Shipley email addresses during the first week of the school year.
  • I don't remember my Website login, what do I do?

    It's quite easy. Please go the Parent page and click on "Forgotten Password." Enter your email address and click submit. You will receive both your user ID and your password at that email address.